First off we send our heartfelt condolences to family and friends of 7-year-old Ammaria Johnson who died on January 2nd, 2012 from an anaphylactic reaction to peanuts while at school. We are deeply saddened by this news and will do all we can to help prevent another tragedy.

WE ASK that you do all you can to encourage our national legislators to pass the School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act (www.foodallergy.org/page/school-access-to-emergency-epinephrine-act1) that was recently introduced in the Senate (S. 1884) and the House (HR. 3627).

This legislation would encourage states to adopt laws requiring schools to have on hand "stock" epinephrine auto-injectors meaning epinephrine that is not prescribed specifically to a single student but can be used for any student and staff member in an anaphylactic emergency.